How often should you service your Volkswagen Passat? Figuring these things can be tricky, but the following list is compiled based on real life knowledge of Passats. Keep in mind that if you are still covered under our Volkswagen Warranty Plan, following those maintenance intervals is crucial to keeping the warranty in place. For those of you that may have gotten your VW Passat elsewhere… We have a list for you, too.
Suggested Maintenance Intervals (1.8t engine):
3,000 miles / 3 months
- Check outer CV boots for tears
6,000 miles / 6 months
- Change engine oil & filter*
*use a 5,000 mile replacement interval if you’re still covered under the powertrain warranty.
- Rotate tires
- Leather interiors: Apply leather conditioner.
- Replace windshield wiper blades
- Replace cabin air filter
30,000 miles / 24 months
- Flush brake fluid
- Tiptronic transmissions – change ATF
- Replace engine air filter
- Replace spark plugs
60,000 miles / 48 months
- Replace timing belt, tensioner, accessory belts, water pump
- Tiptronic transmissions – change ATF & filter
- Replace fuel filter
- Flush power steering fluid
- Flush cooling system
100,000 miles / 72 months
- Replace pre-catalytic converter oxygen sensor
- Manual transmission – change manual transmission fluid
- OEM fluid
Of course, we would be happy to see you for any of the aforementioned maintenance services. Call us at Volkswagen of South Mississippi to schedule your service appointment today!